Facial balance refers to addressing facial issues which could be improved by augmenting or reducing the size of the ears, nose or chin. Subtle changes of these areas can have dramatic effects upon the overall facial appearance.
What is rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty restores facial harmony by correcting the nasal shape and irregularities. It can also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the nose(it can also be combined with septoplasty).
Rhinoplasty surgery can change:
- Nasal size in relation to facial balance
- Nasal width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
- Nasal profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip that is enlarged or drooping
- Nostrils that are too large
- Nasal asymmetry
If you desire a more symmetrical nose, keep in mind that everyone’s face is asymmetric to some degree. Results may not be completely symmetric, although the goal is to create facial balance and correct proportion.
Rhinoplasty to correct a deviated septum.
Nasal surgery that’s done to improve an obstructed airway requires careful evaluation of the nasal structure as it relates to airflow and breathing. Correction of a deviated septum, one of the most common causes of breathing impairment, can be combined with rhinoplasty, and may be a covered benefit of your medical insurance plan.
What is otoplasty?
Ear surgery, also known as otoplasty, can improve the shape, position or proportion of the ear. Ear surgery should result in a natural shape, while bringing balance and proportion to the ears and face. Correction of even minor deformities can have profound benefits to appearance and self-esteem.
If protruding or disfigured ears bother you or your child, you may consider plastic surgery.
What is a brow lift?
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift:
- Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead
- Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the brows
- Places the eyebrows in a more youthful position
Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a brow lift include:
- Upper and or lower eyelid blepharoplasty
- Skin resurfacing techniques
What is cosmetic eyelid surgery?
Also known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery improves the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. It gives a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes, making you look more rested and alert.
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds, sometimes impairing vision, can be treated by eyelid lift surgery.
- Lower eyelid blepharoplasty can remove excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
- Puffiness(bags) under the eyes can be corrected by blepharoplasty.
What is facelift surgery?
Technically known as rhytidectomy, a facelift is a surgical procedure to improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck, such as:
- Deep creases along the nose extending to the corner of the mouth
- Loss of muscle tone in the lower face may create jowls
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw can make even a person of normal weight appear to have a double chin
- Excess wrinkling of the neck
Rejuvenation procedures typically performed in conjunction with a facelift are brow lift, to correct a sagging or deeply furrowed brow, and blepharoplasty to rejuvenate aging eyes.
For more information about specific procedures please follow the links below to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons official website: